Buick's global team of designers, engineers and craftsmen went beyond simply designing a high standard of luxury sedan quality when they developed LaCrosse. They also defined a highly personal driving experience. A meticulous attention to detail enhances everything from the look of the cabin, with its distinctive ambient ice-blue lighting, to the remarkable level of quiet achieved through QuietTuning®. LaCrosse also appeals to your rational side with standard fuel-saving eAssistTM technology. Your enjoyment of the ride is also elevated by the interactive functionality of the IntelliLinkTM entertainment technology. The 2013 Buick LaCrosse – simply inspired.
- Intelligent eAssist™ Fuel-Saving Technology
- LaCrosse uses electric power to complement the highly efficient, direct injected standard 2.4L ECOTEC® engine. The innovative eAssist™ system employs a 115V lithium-ion battery, a 15 kW motor-generator, plus regenerative braking. The electric power takes over whenever the car is decelerating or idling – it can also kick in to add power when accelerating. There's even an automatic air shutter system that smooths the airflow across the front end of the car at highway speeds. And an ECO gauge lets you monitor the eAssist™ status in real time. Together these measures help optimize fuel efficiency without compromising performance.
- Think Of It As All-Weather Drive
- Canada has no shortage of difficult driving conditions caused by inclement weather. LaCrosse's available Haldex All-Wheel-Drive (AWD) system and electronic limited-slip differential help maximize traction. When the AWD system detects wheelspin at any wheel, it immediately redirects power to the wheel or wheels with the most grip – it can send up to 50 percent of engine torque to either front wheel and up to 85 percent to either rear wheel. Canada has the weather. LaCrosse has the AWD technology to handle it.
- IntelliLink™ – A More Intelligent Form of Entertainment
- IntelliLink™ integrates a high-fidelity audio system with the interactivity of Bluetooth® wireless connectivity. It enables you to access all the music from your smartphone and also use your smartphone as a controller for the system. It is remarkably easy to use, with its backlit, high-resolution LCD touch screen. You can even control the system using voice-activated technology. And the choice of programming is limitless – in addition to the music you bring with you, LaCrosse offers standard XM Select on SiriusXM™.1 You can also customize the configuration of the system at your dealership or at home. IntelliLink™ – entertainment personalized.
- What You See And What You Don't Hear
- LaCrosse's spacious cabin provides a real feast for your senses. Your eyes can't help but notice the richly detailed craftsmanship with world-class fit and finish. Your comfort is enhanced by the standard power 8-way driver's seat adjuster. And everyone benefits from Buick's exclusive QuietTuning® that helps reduce, block and absorb noise, creating what is likely the quietest ride you've ever experienced. For the ultimate touch of luxury, opt for the available heated wood and leather-wrapped steering wheel.
- A Vision For Safety
- A key component of safety is anticipating the unexpected. LaCrosse is equipped with a series of features that were engineered for this reality. Standard driver control features include the StabiliTrak® electronic stability control system, full-function traction control and 4-wheel anti-lock brakes. A series of available features enhance your awareness of potential hazards around you, including ultrasonic rear parking assist, a rear vision camera, side blind zone alert and Head-Up Display (HUD) instrumentation. For enhanced peace of mind.
- A Star – Make That 5
- Since its introduction, LaCrosse has earned a stellar reputation in the media and within the industry. Awards include a 2012 Consumers Digest Best Buy. Safety recognitions include a Five-Star Overall Vehicle Score2 – the highest possible overall score under the revamped U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA) rating system, in addition to a 2012 Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) Top Safety Pick.3 No wonder thecarconnection.com wrote in 2012: "The more sophisticated, engaging Buick LaCrosse is essentially what started Buick's resurgence in earnest..."
ΩMSRP - Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See additional information on vehicle pricing.
^ Available manufacturer to dealer delivery credit (tax exclusive). This credit is available to cash customers only; customers who choose to finance or lease their vehicles will forego some or all of these credits which will result in a higher effective cost of credit on their transaction.
Visit OnStar.ca for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services vary by model and conditions.
2. 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score applies to vehicles without optional rear seat-mounted side-impact air bags. Vehicles with optional rear seat-mounted side-impact airbags have not been rated. U.S. Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA's) New Car Assessment Program (www.SaferCar.gov).
3. For more information, visit iihs.org/ratings.
∞ Fuel consumption ratings based on GM testing of the 2013 LaCrosse in accordance with approved Transport Canada test methods. Your actual fuel consumption may vary.