It's the vehicle that's proven how less can be more when it comes to transporting your family and friends. In the case of the 2013 Chevrolet Orlando, "less" applies to a compact, manoeuvrable form that seats seven. "Less" also refers to impressive fuel efficiency – 7.0 L/100 km highway and 10.4 L/100 km city.1 And you can worry less on the road, thanks to the peace of mind that accompanies the StabiliTrak® Electronic Stability Control System and a 5-Star Euro NCAP Safety rating2 – in addition to the comprehensive support of OnStar®. It's the vehicle that's changing people's attitudes toward family driving. By building a smarter alternative: Chevrolet Orlando.
- Awards & Recognition
- It was tested by drivers and industry experts and approved by the toughest aficionados: parents. But don't just take our word for it; take a look at Orlando's accolades.
- You can spot the difference between Orlando and other vehicles that seat at least seven at a glance. Orlando stands out by its compact form. In fact, Orlando is only five centimetres longer than Chevrolet's compact sedan, the popular Cruze. What difference does that make? If you've ever tried to park a larger van or SUV, or manoeuvre it through traffic, you'll immediately realize the benefits of Orlando's dimensions. Another dimension is its confident handling, aided by standard driver control features, such as the StabiliTrak® Electronic Stability Control system, Traction Control, and four-wheel ABS.
- Fuel Efficiency
- You do the math. Typically, vehicles that can seat seven aren't that great on fuel - bigger vehicles require more power and consume more fuel. Along comes Orlando to forever alter that equation. Its award-winning 2.4L ECOTEC® dual overhead cam 4-cylinder engine produces a substantial 174 hp. The engine is also tremendously fuel efficient, thanks to technologies like Direct Injection and Variable Valve Timing (VVT), in addition to a choice of six-speed manual or automatic transmissions (LT and LTZ only).
- Orlando isn't only designed to transport your family and friends in comfort - it's equally welcoming of all the stuff you need your vehicle to move. Orlando's versatility makes that possible, with second and third-row seating that folds down flat to open up a substantial 1,594 L (56.3 cu. ft.) of cargo room - accessible through the large-opening rear doors. And a series of conveniently located storage compartments allow you and your passengers to keep those essential items close at hand.
- Orlando has all the right connections - starting with available Bluetooth® hands-free phone connectivity that enables you to make, answer and end calls on compatible mobile phones. For added entertainment, you can connect to 130 channels of programming offered through the standard SiriusXM Satellite RadioTM.3 You can also take advantage of a host of security, information and convenience features of the standard Onstar® system - it includes six months of the Directions & Connections Plan with Turn-by-Turn Navigation and the OnStar RemoteLinkTM4 app that lets you access real-time vehicle data, like oil-life and tire pressure5 - and lock and unlock doors6 all from your smartphone.
- The first principle of Orlando's comprehensive approach to safety is accident avoidance, with standard driver control technologies like StabiliTrak® - as an electronic stability control system it has been proven to substantially reduce the rate of crashes. When a collision can't be avoided, Orlando protects the passenger compartment with six standard airbags and reinforced safety cage construction. After a collision, OnStar® Automatic Crash Response automatically alerts an OnStar® Advisor of critical details, such as the type and severity of the crash - and directs emergency responders to your exact location.
ΩMSRP - Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See additional information on vehicle pricing.
^ Available manufacturer to dealer delivery credit (tax exclusive). This credit is available to cash customers only; customers who choose to finance or lease their vehicles will forego some or all of these credits which will result in a higher effective cost of credit on their transaction.
Visit OnStar.ca for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services vary by model and conditions.
2 Euro NCAP ratings are part of the European New Car Assessment Programme (NCAP) (www.euroncap.com). 2012 Chevrolet Orlando equipped with the 1.8L petrol engine tested during 2011 calendar year testing.
3 Available in 10 Canadian provinces and the 48 contiguous United States. Subscription sold separately after trial period. Visit siriusxm.ca for details.
4 Available on iPhone® and select AndroidTM platforms. Services vary by model and conditions.
5 Vehicle must be equipped with tire pressure monitoring system.
6 Requires automatic door locks.