Silverado is the rock-solid pickup people count on year after year. It's the truck with built-in strength, power and durability. The foundation is provided by the rugged, yet lightweight three-piece modular frame. The power is highlighted by an available 403 horsepower VortecTM 6.2L High Output V8. The fuel efficiency available with the VortecTM 5.3L V8 is the envy of its class, with better V8 highway and city fuel efficiency than Ford F-150.1 And the capabilities make Silverado ready for your biggest challenges, with payloads that range up to 865 kg (1,908 lb)2 and towing capacities up to 4,853 kg (10,700 lb).3 Something else you can count on with Silverado - its renowned dependability is backed by the best coverage of any full-size pickup in Canada.4 The 2013 Chevy Silverado. Ready to prove itself to you.
- Five VortecTM Engines - Five Reasons Why
- It's all a question of matching up an engine to your specific demands for power. Silverado 1500 makes it easy with five VortecTM engines to choose from, ranging from the economical 4.3L V6 to the most powerful V8 in Silverado history - the 6.2L V8 that generates a massive 403 horsepower and 417 lb-ft of torque. In today's trucks, maximizing fuel efficiency is also imperative. Silverado's VortecTM 5.3L and 6.0L V8 engines feature the fuel-saving technology called Active Fuel Management® that shuts down four of eight cylinders when power demands are low. The VortecTM 4.8L, 5.3L and 6.2L all incorporate Variable Valve Timing (VVT) that optimizes combustion timing to increase efficiency and torque production across a wide rpm range. Further aiding fuel efficiency is the Hydra-Matic six-speed automatic transmission, mated to the 5.3L and 6.2L V8 engines, that includes 2 overdrive gears to help achieve low rpm highway cruising speeds. The results: Silverado 1500 beats the Ford F-150 in both V8 highway and city fuel efficiency ratings.1
- Silverado Hybrid - The One And Only
- The reason for building a hybrid full-size pickup is compelling. It's the only option for achieving the best fuel efficiency of any full-size pickup in its class.5 And the only hybrid technology in full-size pickups today is the Silverado Hybrid's Two-Mode Hybrid System. It can run on pure electric power, on gasoline power generated by the 332 horsepower VortecTM 6.0L LIVC V8 VVT, or on a combination of the two. The capability is impressive also, with a maximum towing capacity of up to 2,767 kg (6,100 lb). But what makes Silverado such a stand-alone truck is the best city and highway fuel efficiency ratings of any full-size pickup in its class: 10.1 L/100 km and 8.4 L/100 km, respectively.5 The one and only Silverado Hybrid.
- Built-In Towing Capability
- Silverado is engineered to handle the demands of towing, with a series of standard trailering features included in every conventional gas powered model. Trailer Sway Control6 helps keep your truck and trailer heading in the proper direction automatically. The Tow/Haul mode6 transmission adjusts the shift schedule to avoid "hunting" for the right gear while trailering. Hill Start Assist6 holds the truck stationary for about a second after the brake is released, so you can accelerate without worrying about the truck rolling backwards. Cruise grade braking6 automatically downshifts to help slow the truck on long descents, reducing conventional brake component wear. In addition, the available Trailering Special Equipment Package adds such useful features as a weight-distributing trailer hitch platform with a 51 mm (2-in.) receiver and a 7-wire harness. It all adds up to substantial towing capacities - up to 4,854 kg (10,700 lb), when properly equipped.3
- A Rock-Solid Backbone
- A rock-solid truck requires a super strong foundation. And that is precisely what Silverado's three-piece modular frame delivers. The fully boxed front section is hydroformed under extreme hydraulic pressure, resulting in greater strength and more dimensionally precise mounting points. The rear portion of the Silverado frame is fully boxed all the way to the spare tire cross member, where it becomes a C-channel. The advantage of this modular configuration is that it places the support where it's needed most, while reducing weight elsewhere. This translates into better fuel efficiency and increased payloads - which on a Crew Cab equipped with the available MAX Trailering Package go up to 879 kg (1,937 lb).2 That's a foundation you can build upon.
- Z71 - It Starts Where The Road Ends
- Canada has millions of square kilometres of land that is inaccessible by road. That doesn't stop the Silverado equipped with the available Z71 Plus Package. It features such rugged components as Rancho® shock absorbers, off-road jounce bumpers, an automatic locking rear differential, fog lights and chrome recovery hooks. The Z71 Plus Package also includes a series of rugged styling features, with 18" bright machined aluminum wheels, a body-colour grille and chrome insert, body-colour outside rearview mirrors and body-colour exterior door handles. Don't stop where the road ends - open up this wide-open country with Silverado Z71.
- Home Away From Home
- While Silverado is built to rugged engineering specifications, its cabs serve as your personal oasis on the road. Convenience features include standard Bluetooth® hands-free connectivity and steering wheel-mounted controls. Comfort features include everything from a standard driver's seat lumbar adjuster to available dual-zone automatic climate control. You can even take Silverado into the realm of genuine luxury with available heated and cooled power 10-way front bucket seats with perforated leather-appointed seating surfaces. Comfort and convenience - two more core strengths of Silverado.
ΩMSRP - Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See additional information on vehicle pricing.
^ Available manufacturer to dealer delivery credit (tax exclusive). This credit is available to cash customers only; customers who choose to finance or lease their vehicles will forego some or all of these credits which will result in a higher effective cost of credit on their transaction.
Visit OnStar.ca for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services vary by model and conditions.
2Maximum payload capacity includes weight of driver, passengers, optional equipment and cargo and are approximate.
3Maximum trailer weight ratings are calculated assuming a base vehicle, except for any option(s) necessary to achieve the rating, plus driver. The weight of other optional equipment, passengers and cargo will reduce the maximum trailer weight your vehicle can tow. See your Chevy dealer for additional details.
43-year/60,000 km New Vehicle Limited Warranty, a 5-year/160,000 km Powertrain Component Limited Warranty, with $0 deductible, 5-year/160,000 km Courtesy Transportation and 5-year/160,000 km 24/7 Roadside Assistance. Whichever comes first. Conditions and limitations apply, see dealer for details.
52013 Silverado Hybrid fuel consumption ratings based on GM testing in accordance with approved Transport Canada test methods. Competitive fuel consumption ratings based on Natural Resources Canada's 2012 Fuel Consumption Guide. Your actual fuel consumption may vary. Excludes other GM models.
6Not available on Silverado Hybrid.