People rely on their vans – whether it’s to move a lot of people or a lot of cargo. GMC takes this responsibility very seriously. That’s why so many van owners look to Savana’s Professional Grade engineering to see them through. It’s the full-size van with the credentials required to do whatever it takes – whether that’s transporting up to 15 people in comfort or serving as a cavernous cargo hauler with up to 8,890 L (313.9 cu. ft.) of space. But with Savana, that’s only part of the story. These vans are also engineered for the way you work, with features you’ll find incredibly useful, whether it’s an available driver’s side split 60/40 rear side door on Cargo models, or a ready-to-go available Ambulance Package for Cutaway models. Then there’s also the reassurance of the standard StabiliTrak® electronic stability control system on all Cargo and Passenger models. New for 2013, on 2500 and 3500 regular wheelbase Cargo models, is a dedicated CNG option to help reduce fleet operating costs. And for added peace of mind, all Passenger models include OnStar®1 with six months of the Directions & Connections Plan that includes Turn-by-Turn Navigation and the OnStar RemotelinkTM2 mobile app that feeds vehicle information about your van directly to your smartphone.3 All in all, it’s a van that will perform diligently and reliably. The one you can trust – Savana.
- Five Engines – Countless Uses
- Savana's engine lineup is all about choice. What your business demands from an engine may be entirely different from another Savana owner. That's why the lineup now includes six engines, from the fuel-efficient V6 in Cargo Vans to three VortecTM V8 gasoline engines in both Passenger and Cargo models – right up to the hard-working available Duramax® 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 that produces 260 hp and a prodigious 525 lb-ft of torque. This engine is the go-to choice in many commercial trucks, with a proven record of durability. For 2013, Savana's engine lineup has expanded: a new version of the VortecTM 6.0L V8 becomes the first dedicated Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) solution available from any van manufacturer.4
- CNG – Another Savana Exclusive
- Savana has long been known as the innovator among full-size vans. That reputation will only be enhanced by the introduction of a dedicated Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) power solution – the first of its kind in vans.4 Why CNG? Because it helps to lower fuel costs, while also doing the environment a favour by lowering greenhouse gas emissions compared to a conventional gas-only engine. The engine is a specially designed variant on the VortecTM 6.0L V8 that features hardened exhaust valves and intake/exhaust seats, in-bed CNG tanks and an extensively protected fuel system. This is a dedicated system that runs on Compressed Natural Gas alone – with a choice of three or four tanks, depending on your required driving range. This CNG solution is available on Savana Cargo 2500 and 3500 regular wheelbase models only and is covered by a five-year/160,000 km Transferable Powertrain Limited Warranty.5
- More Choices: 8, 12 or 15 Seats
- Savana Passenger Vans are available in 1500, 2500 and 3500 models. The 3500 is available in regular or extended wheelbase configurations. The eight-passenger models feature front bucket seats and two rear three-passenger bench seats. Twelve-seat models add a four-passenger rear bench seat. Fifteen-seat models provide an additional three-passenger bench seat. Standard amenities include air conditioning and a comprehensive Driver Information Centre that helps you monitor various operating systems. You can also add desirable available features, such as a power six-way driver's seat, remote vehicle starter system, as well as rear air conditioning. The theme clearly is choice with Savana Passenger Vans.
- Built for Canada's Road – and Climate
- Canada offers up its own set of challenges, thanks to our diverse geography and the hardships presented by our climate. Savana Passenger and Cargo models are engineered to handle these situations – literally. That begins with the confidence of four-wheel disc brakes with a four-wheel anti-lock braking system. They integrate with the StabiliTrak® electronic stability control system. If it detects a loss of lateral traction (sideslip), understeer (plowing) or oversteer (fishtailing), it can intervene to help return Savana to your intended line. For additional driver control when the weather turns nasty, Savana offers a segment-exclusive All-Wheel Drive (AWD) system4 on both 1500 Cargo and Passenger models. This full-time, single-speed AWD normally operates in a 35/65 front/rear torque split. When wheel slippage occurs, additional torque is transferred to the other axle. The full-size van designed for Canadian roads – and businesses: Savana.
- With Cargo, The More The Merrier
- The more cargo you move, the more you'll appreciate the enormous capacities offered by Savana Cargo Vans and Cutaways. In extended wheelbase Cargo Vans that means 8,972 L (316.8 cu. ft.) of space. An available Pro Package makes all that space much easier to load and unload, thanks to three exterior remote-release, side-access panels. Savana Cutaways prove their capabilities with Gross Vehicle Weight Ratings of up to 5,579 kg (12,300 lb) on 3500 models and 6,441 kg (14,200 lb) for 4500s. These trucks provide an ideal platform for upfitting, with a strong full-length, ladder-type frame and your choice of 139-in., 159-in. and 177-in. wheelbases.6 You can choose from a series of prep packages that include those specifically tailored for school bus, shuttle bus, R/V and ambulance applications.
- The Right Connections
- Savana can keep you connected while on the road, with available Bluetooth® hands-free connectivity. You can also take advantage of many valuable services that are included with your standard OnStar®3 system with six months of the Directions & Connections Plan on all Passenger models.3 Turn-by-Turn Navigation directs you to your destination at the touch of a button that connects you with an Advisor and the most up-to-date routes. The OnStar RemoteLinkTM2 mobile app lets you access real-time vehicle data, like oil-life and tire pressure, as well as performing functions like locking and unlocking doors7 – all from your smartphone. As for entertainment, you can choose from a series of available features, such as a CD player, MP3 playback, USB port and up to 130 channels of programming through SiriusXM Satellite RadioTM.8
ΩMSRP - Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. Dealers are free to set individual prices. See additional information on vehicle pricing.
^ Available manufacturer to dealer delivery credit (tax exclusive). This credit is available to cash customers only; customers who choose to finance or lease their vehicles will forego some or all of these credits which will result in a higher effective cost of credit on their transaction.
Visit OnStar.ca for coverage map, details and system limitations. Services vary by model and conditions.
3. OnStar® is available on Cargo models.
4. Based on Wardauto.com 2012 Large Van segmentation and latest published information available at time of printing. Excludes other GM vehicles.
5. Whichever comes first. Conditions and limitations apply, see dealer for details.
6. 4500 models not available in 139-in. wheelbase.
7. Requires automatic power door locks.
8. Available in 10 Canadian provinces and the 48 contiguous United States. Subscription sold separately after trial period. Visit siriusxm.ca for details.